High School girls are eligible to apply for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing. This prestigious award comes with recognition, prizes, potential internship connections and other networking opportunities. Girls in grades 9-12 can apply online at NCWIT Aspirations
Applications are due by November 6, 2017!!
For the month of April, Fox Valley Girls Coding Club will be designing their own fidget toys!
Just follow these steps:
- Open a free account at https://www.tinkercad.com/
- Maybe take a look at thingiverse to get some inspiration: http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=fidget+toys&sa=
- Decide if you want to incorporate skateboard bearings
- I have two sizes: 2cm and 4cm in diameter
- Design you OWN!
- Start from scratch on Tinkercad
- or you can download an stl file from Thingiverse and import it to Tinkercad
- Publish you design on Tinkercad
- Post a link to your design to this blog post along with the color you would like
- Robin Prints it and will bring it to the next meeting!!
- We will post some images when we get them printed