Fox Valley Girls Coding Club will meet for the 2018-19 school year on Friday evenings from 5:45 p.m.-7:45 p.m. at 25N Coworking on River Street in downtown Geneva. FVGCC is open to all girls, ages 14-18. Limited spaces are available so please sign up now! Contact us at email@example.com.
October 2018 – December 2019: We will start with the basics of programming
- Scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/) for a week or so.
- Made with Code (https://www.madewithcode.com) for a week or so.
- Python (https://pythonroom.com) for at least a few weeks.
January – February 2019: AI
- AI / Machine Learning workshop with Xamarin – Perhaps building this cool project to use Azure Cognitive Services to identify stuffed animals from a mobile phone.
- Alexa Skills – Conversational AI
- Slack bots?
March 2019: Project
- Library Database of Seeds
April 2019: Gadget Month
- Awesome Shield has a pretty cool Arduino based hardware shield that can be used with their Ardiuno library in Adruino Studio. This might be a good stepping stone to more advanced bread-boarding with Arduino and Arduino Studio if the girls want to go in that direction! In the past, the girls have also used Makey Makeys to play the games they have built. We could take those to the next level and use some of the more advanced keyboard features. Robin also has a Hololens, Ozobot, Rasberry Pis to play with! Also, we can design models for 3D Printing using TinkerCad.
Meeting Schedule 2018-19
- 27 NIU STEMfest
- 7 – remote meeting?
- 23-24 Hucky Hack NIU
- April (Gadgets)
- May 3 – Last Class Cinco de Mayo Party!