We will meet in the boardroom in 25 N at 5:45 pm on April 7th, 2017.
We will continue development of our Wardrobe Wiz project, adding these features:
- Ability to photograph and store other types of outfit components to go with the Tops
- Ability to match different types of outfit components and store them as outfits
- Think about how you would go about this if you have an indexed list of Tops and an indexed list of Bottoms and you want to store many mix and match combinations. A given top can go with several Bottoms and vice-versa.
- Tip: An initial approach may be to define an outfit as 2 indices: index of Top and index of Bottom stored together. But, remember what happens if we delete an item from a list in Scratch! Think about what is unique about each item, other than an index.
- Need to catch up? No worries! If you haven’t gotten Phase 1 completed you can use my project from the App Inventor Gallery as a starter. You will just need to log into MIT App Inventor with your Google account. On the top menu near the upper right, select Gallery, in the box by Search for apps, type endlessloop to see all my projects, select WardrobeWiz_Phase1, then click “Open the App”
- Features completed for Phase 1:
- Take pictures and add to list of Tops
- Save list of Tops to database
- Delete a Top from list and database
- When app starts, load existing Tops list from database
- Scroll through pictures of Tops by swiping to previous or next